Maquita Cushunchic Ltd Cooperative de Ahorro y Credit (Maquita) is active in the south of Ecuador’s capital, Quito, and primarily offers credit and savings facilities to women. The microfinance institution works closely together with other local organisations so it can help its clients in other ways, for example by offering access to healthcare services. Hivos-Triodos Fund has provided a loan to Maquita.
KEY INDICATORS Maquita at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 7,114
- percentage female clients: 47%
- percentage rural clients: 0%
- average loan amount: EUR 2,174
- number of savings clients: 14,879