Microfinanzas del Uruguay
Microfinance institution Microfin started its operations in Uruguay’s capital city Montevideo in March 2008. Microfin was initiated by two experienced Uruguyan bankers with the aim to reaching the underserved segments of the microfinance market in their country. Among the founding shareholders is Peruvian Grupo ACP who brings in solid regional microfinance experience. The loan portfolio is projected to grow rapidly in the coming years. In view of this development Triodos-Doen has provided Microfin with a loan.
KEY INDICATORS Microfinanzas del Uruguay at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 4,041
- percentage female clients: 21%
- percentage rural clients: 0%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,322
- number of savings clients: 76,415