PRASAC Microfinance Institution
Microfinance institution PRASAC has developed into one of the top 5 microfinance institutions of Cambodia and has a very strong rural focus with a widespread office network. One of the products PRASAC offers is focused on renewable energy. The institution has partnered with the government in the provision of bio-digester loans to clients in the villages which do not have access to electricity. Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund have provided a loan to PRASAC.
KEY INDICATORS PRASAC Microfinance Institution at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 134,146
- percentage female clients: 78%
- percentage rural clients: 89%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,215
- number of savings clients: 291,087