Microfinance institution Emprenda (FIS Empresa Social S.A.) is active in the Greater Buenos Aires where it offers credit products to micro and small enterprises. The institution is also active in the poor and sparsely populated North West region of Argentina. One of the innovative products offered by Emprenda are solar panel loans that offer access to electricity. Triodos-Doen has provided Emprenda with a loan to realise a further growth in loan portfolio.
KEY INDICATORS Emprenda at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 4,389
- percentage female clients: 49%
- percentage rural clients: 22%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,388
- number of savings clients: -