Microcredit Deposit-Taking Organisation Arvand (Arvand) opened its doors to the public in June 2008. Arvand – which means strong and capable in the Tajik language – is mainly active in northern Tajikistan and has a strong presence in rural areas. It offers both group and individual lending products. In view of the Arvand’s strong mission and vision and professional management Triodos-Doen has provided a loan in local currency and a subordinated loan, so that the institution can generate further growth in the number of clients it serves.
KEY INDICATORS Arvand at year-end 2011:
- number of loan clients: 15,384
- percentage female clients: 43%
- percentage rural clients: 50%
- average loan amount: EUR 664
- number of savings clients: 967