Microfinance institution Sembrar Sartawi provides financial services to micro and small agricultural producers in rural areas of Bolivia. Key cultivations being financed are quinoa, milk, rice, coffee, grapes, potatoes, soya, sesame and beans. The loan from Triodos-Doen and Hivos-Triodos Fund will enable Sembrar Sartawi to expand its activities further.
KEY INDICATORS Sembrar Sartawi at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 11,870
- percentage female clients: 43%
- percentage rural clients: 63%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,289
- number of savings clients: -