A large number of people in Senegal still has no or only limited access to basic financial services. MicroCred Senegal was founded in 2007 with the aim to provide an increasing number of people access to these services. The majority of its loan clients have a loan of less than EUR 750 and two-thirds of loans are issued to women. Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund have provided a loan to enable MicroCred Senegal to grow.
KEY INDICATORS MicroCred Senegal at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 27,436
- percentage female clients: 48%
- percentage rural clients: 0%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,332
- number of savings clients: 76,415