First Microfinance Bank
First Microfinance Bank (FMBB) in Tajikistan is a very social driven bank. No other bank or microfinance institution is as active in the eastern, mountainous part of the country as much as FMMB is. Although only 3% of the population of Tajikistan lives in the eastern part, they account for 20% of the loan portfolio of FMFB. Triodos Fair Share Fund has provided a loan to FMMB to realise further growth of its loan portfolio.
KEY INDICATORS First Microfinance Bank at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 14,145
- percentage female clients: 32%
- percentage rural clients: 43%
- average loan amount: EUR 1.516
- number of savings clients: 10,986