Contactar is an established microfinance institution in southwest Colombia. This promising and strong growing non-governmental organisation has an excellent market position in the rural and agricultural market. In the rural areas of Colombia there is a high – largely unmet - demand for financial services. The loan provided by Triodos-Doen will allow Contactar to expand its activities further in these areas.
KEY INDICATORS Contactar at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 57,282
- percentage female clients: 47%
- percentage rural clients: 80%
- average loan amount: EUR 685
- number of savings clients: -