Microfinanzas Arariwa (Arariwa) is active in regions with a low penetration of other microfinance institutions and where poverty levels are among the highest in Peru. Arariwa offers a range of credit services, including village banking and individual loans. In addition, the institution offers workshops to its clients focused on health, financial literacy, business training and household management. Hivos-Triodos Fund has provided a loan to Arariwa to realise further growth.
KEY INDICATORS Arariwa at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 41,123
- percentage female clients: 76%
- percentage rural clients: 55%
- average loan amount: EUR 453
- number of savings clients: 0