Amret was founded in 1991 with the aim of providing financial services to the poor rural population in remote areas of Cambodia. Amret now operates in 14 provinces, mainly providing loans for agriculture. Amret issues both individual and group loans to over 224,000 clients and has started offering savings products too. Hivos-Triodos Fund and Triodos-Doen have provided microfinance institution Amret loans so that it can generate further growth in the number of clients it serves.
KEY INDICATORS Amret at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 277,431
- percentage female clients: 81%
- percentage rural clients: 97%
- average loan amount: EUR 407
- number of savings clients: 78,978