BRAC is a development orgnaisation based in Bangladesh that operates with the twofold objective of reducing poverty ad emancipating the poort. Since several years BRAC has also been active in Africa. Triodos Fair Share Fund, Hivos-Triodos Fund and Triodos-Doen have invested in BRAC Africa Loan Fund. BRAC AFrica Loan Fund provides loans in local currency to microfinance institutions BRAC Uganda and BRAC Tanzania. This will enable BRAC to expand its microfinance services through a network of branches in these countries.
KEY INDICATORS Brack Uganda at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 118,151
- percentage female clients: 98%
- percentage rural clients: 85%
- average loan amount: EUR 114
- number of savings clients: -