Although the delivery of financial services in Georgia has improved in recent years, access to uncomplicated credit products, particularly in rural areas, is still very limited. Microfinance institution Credo aims to serve these rural areas. Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund have provided Credo with a loan to realise a further growth.
KEY INDICATORS Credo at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 95,464
- percentage female clients: 41%
- percentage rural clients: 50%
- average loan amount: EUR 769
- number of savings clients: -