Financiera Crear is a medium-sized microfinance institution that primarily operates in the urban areas of Lima and in Peru’s second city, Arequipa, which is its home base. Financiera Crear extends loans to principally city traders. Small traders can use these loans as working capital or as a loan with which to invest. Triodos Microfinance Fund and Triodos Fair Share Fund have provided Financiera Crear various loans so that it can expand its loan portfolio.
KEY INDICATORS Financiera Crear at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 134,781
- percentage female clients: 54%
- percentage rural clients: 0%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,342
- number of savings clients: 433