Microfinance institution Fundación para el Apoyo a la Micro Empresa (FAMA) has been active in Nicaragua since 1991. FAMA specifically focuses on female entrepreneurs in the urban areas of Nicaragua. From its network of 22 offices – of which six in the capital Managua - FAMA serves 26,000 loan clients. Triodos Fair Share Fund has provided FAMA with a loan to further expand its loan portfolio.
KEY INDICATORS - at year-end 2012:
- number of loan clients: 42,049
- percentage female clients: 76%
- percentage rural clients: 32%
- average loan amount: EUR 475
- number of savings clients: -