Contact and Help - Business Banking
My business is involved in tourism / recreation. Is there a standard set of criteria I need to meet?
We have now developed a policy for lending to businesses involved in tourism (accommodation providers / campsites / visitor attractions / recreation).
We are pleased to be working in conjunction with the Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS). The GTBS is the national sustainable tourism certification scheme for the UK, and businesses opting to join Green Tourism are assessed by a qualified grading advisor against a rigorous set of criteria, covering a range of areas, like energy and water efficiency, waste management and biodiversity. Businesses are awarded a business Bronze, Silver or Gold accreditation depending on the outcome of their assessment.
It is a condition of any lending (loan or overdraft) that a business is accredited to a minimum standard of Silver within a specified period of the facility being made available
More from the same category of FAQs:
- Do you fund build-to-let?
- What if we want to build some houses and sell them?
- What criteria do catering businesses need to meet?
- Do you lend to Community Land Trusts (CLTs)?
- Is there a minimum size of loan you would consider for a CLT?
- Do you fund property development?
- What do you consider a sustainable building?