Why a Triodos Current Account?
Eco-friendly contactless Debit Mastercard®
Triodos mobile app
Manage your money on the go, easily, securely.
Apply for a Triodos Current Account
Apply online and join a community of like-minded people who want to make the world a better place
You can make payments into your Triodos Current Account by bank transfer or online. If you wish to pay a cheque into your account you can send cheques via our freepost service to our office in Bristol - Freepost TRIODOS BANK. Please include the sort code and account number of the account you wish the cheque to be credited to.
Your eligible deposits with Triodos Bank UK Ltd are protected up to a total of £85,000. Learn more about the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
We've produced a short online video to show you how to set up your digiass and activate your online banking. Watch the video on Youtube now, or follow the steps below:
You will need your digipass, digipass PIN and need to know your security word as you will be asked to input these characters
When you first use your digipass you will be prompted to change your Digipass PIN to something memorable. You can do this by following these simple steps:
Switch the digipass on by pressing “OK”
- Press button “1” on the digipass
- Enter the four-digit digipass PIN we sent you and press “OK”
- You will now be prompted to enter your own new digipass PIN, which for your security must meet the following criteria:
- It must be four digits long
- It must be different to the PIN we sent to you
- It must not be a sequence of numbers, such as “1234”
- It must not be a sequence of identical numbers, such as “2222”
- It must not be easily obtained or guessed, such as using you date of birth
Please note, if your choice of digipass PIN isn’t considered secure enough the message “Weak PIN” will be displayed on the digipass. If this happens press “OK” and you will be prompted to enter a different, more secure, PIN.
When your PIN has been changed, an eight-digit code will be displayed
To login, continue to the Triodos homepage.
Turn the digipass over and input the digipass number from the back into the ‘digipass number’ - do not include hyphens - and then press NEXT.
There is an option to tick the ‘remember my number on this computer’ checkbox so you don’t have to input this every time.
Click on green NEXT box on the bottom right of the screen.
Follow the steps on the login page to complete login.
- Turn on the Digipass by pressing OK and then press 1
- Enter Your Digipass PIN and press OK. You will see a One Time Passcode or OTP, on the Display
- Enter your OTP
- Enter you the characters shown for you unique security word
You should now have accessed your internet banking and the home screen as shown below will be displayed.
Simply go to our website www.triodos.co.uk and in the top right-hand corner you'll see a link for "Login to internet banking".
All you need is your digipass, digipass PIN (which you set yourself), and details regarding the security word you set up when applying for the account.
Yes, there are charges for foreign payments. Transactions will be processed using the exchange rate set by Mastercard
- Debit card payment in a foreign currency: 2.5% of the value charged in GBP
- Cash withdrawal in a foreign currency outside the UK: 2.5% of the value charged in GBP
As you'd expect from a bank, we take security very seriously - here are some things we do to keep you safe. To help you spot fraud, we’d also like you to know the things we’d never do.What we do
- Provide around the clock debit card transaction monitoring
- We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for all calls relating to debit card queries (such as lost or stolen cards)
- Give you the ability to block your card by sending us a text message
- Temporarily block accounts and debit cards if fraudulent activity is suspected
- Log you out of internet banking and the app after a period of inactivity
- Keep you up-to-date with the fraud protection advice
- Use a secure three-stage log in with a digipass for personal current account holders
- As a personal account customer you can receive alerts by text message when online or card transactions are made
- Temporarily suspend your internet banking if left dormant for a long time
- Only contact you via your registered details
We will never contact you out of the blue to ask you:
- for your digipass PIN
- for your card number or PIN
- for your mobile app passcode
- to transfer money out of your account
- to click a link in an email to our internet banking
If in doubt, call us on the number on our website, or delete the email without opening it.
Cash cannot be paid in to the Triodos Personal Current Account at the moment. However we are in discussion with a number of providers to investigate if we can offer this service in the future as we understand from customer feedback that this is a service that some customers would like us to offer.
We don’t currently offer Apple Pay or Android Pay. We regularly review the products and services that we offer along with customer feedback to determine and prioritise future enhancements. Developments in payment methods and technologies is an area that we continue to review.
You can apply for an overdraft of a maximum limit of £2,000. Applications are assessed for credit score and affordability in line with responsible lending and have set criteria. Our personal overdrafts are not intended to be used for business purposes.
If you are not eligible for a Triodos Current Account due to anything related to your credit file, you might want to contact the Money Advice Service who provide free impartial money advice. They can also provide details of bank accounts that may be suitable for you.
Welcome to positive change
Triodos Bank is one of the most sustainable banks in the world. We make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change.
Your money can make a difference
Discover how we can create positive social, cultural and environmental change through our banking.