This service allows you to transfer your regular payments from another bank, on a switch date that suits you. Plus it's backed by the Current Account Switching Guarantee.
If you're new to Triodos Bank then you’ll need to apply for a current account online. You can find out about the features of the accounts that we offer and check that you meet our eligibility criteria. Once your account is set up, call our contact team on 0330 355 0355 to begin your current account switch.
The Current Account Switch Service is available to:
- Small businesses, with an annual turnover that does not exceed £6.5 million and employs fewer than 50 people
- Small charities that have an annual income of less than £6.5 million
- Small trusts with a net asset value of less than £6.5 million
Please be aware that you will not be able to switch in overdrawn balances, these will need to be repaid to your old bank before a full switch can be completed.
The 7 day switch process
- Day 1: We'll contact your bank to get the switch underway.
- Day 2: As soon as your bank accepts the request, we'll contact you to let you know.
- Days 3-6: We'll transfer all your regular payments across to your new account.
- Day 7: If you have money in your old account, we'll transfer it to your new account, along with your regular payments.
- Day 8: Payments sent to or requested from your old account will be redirected to your new account.
If Triodos agrees, bank accounts that include an overdraft can switch using the Current Account Switch Service. If you’d like to have an overdraft with your new bank account, speak to us before starting your switch. We will be able to advise if you’re eligible for an overdraft, dependent on our lending criteria and your credit status.
Want to know more?
These handy downloads will tell you more about the Current Account Switch Service.