Communications & PR Manager
Triodos is a bank that is rooted in sustainability. We exist to use money to benefit people and the planet, bringing together savers and investors who want to change the world for the better with sustainable enterprises doing just that.
- Location: Bristol
- Contract: 37.5 hours
- Date added: 13/10/16
- Apply before: 28/10/16
In order to lead and champion communications internally and externally for Triodos Bank's UK branch, we are pleased to be recruiting for a Communications & PR Manager. This senior role will act as an adviser to the Managing Director and senior team on all media related issues. It will develop and implement a comprehensive PR and communications strategy, as part of an integrated Marketing and Communications function, ensuring all elements support the commercial and corporate goals of the Bank.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications for the UK, a key focus will be to bring, build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including the media, commissioned agencies and other partners.
Triodos Bank is one of the world's leading sustainable banks. Our mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. Proactively leading, shaping and implementing profile-raising activity across the bank, the Communications & PR Manager will deliver or oversee delivery of integrated PR elements of important campaigns such as share issues for external parties, key Retail Banking campaigns, including the launch of a personal current account in 2017, and varied Business Banking mini-campaigns across a variety of sectors. The role will also develop and manage Triodos Bank's corporate identity and brand in close co-operation with Triodos Bank Head Office (based in the Netherlands) and European offices.
Assuming overall editorial responsibility for the quarterly customer newspaper, The Colour of Money, and other corporate communications, the role will also oversee the creation of content for Triodos Bank's UK website(s) to improve engagement, thought leadership activity and relationships with partners and the press. This role will provide active support and input into major annual events, including the Triodos Bank NV Annual meeting; the Communications & PR Manager will also develop and deliver effective internal communications across a range of channels.
The successful candidate will have a confident, proactive attitude, and be able to demonstrate successful delivery of complex publicity projects. Other relevant skills and experience we are seeking include:
- A proven track record of delivering high-profile press coverage across a variety of print and broadcast media within a banking or financial services environment
- Ability to work confidently at strategic level, and translate complex data and regulatory change into compelling commentary
- A proven ability to proactively shape and deliver complex publicity projects, serving a range of different stakeholders
- Building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders (with an emphasis on journalists at a national and regional level)
- Previous line management experience of a similar size team
- Excellent spoken and written English and good presentation skills
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will receive a competitive basic salary of between £45,000 to £55,000 depending on experience and a benefits package, including:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 5% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance - x 4 basic pay
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Wellbeing - £50 a year to spend on a hobby, interest, pampering or something else to improve your wellbeing
- 25 days (FTE) + bank holidays per annum
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE)
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and childcare vouchers
Triodos Bank is a Living Wage employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. To apply, please email your CV with your covering letter and salary expectations to HR@triodos.co.uk
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies in the event that we receive a suitable number of high quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date. For the Bank's co-workers, we will advise in advance of an early closing date.