Social Vision 2012 competition entries are now in. View and vote.
£1,000 up for grabs for the best image of social enterprise in the UK and Ireland today
- Photograph competition sets out to find the pictures that encompass the best of social business.
- Prizes include £1,000 prize for the winning photo, £1,000 worth of advertising on Social Enterprise Live and a year's membership to Social Enterprise UK.
Social Vision photography competition 2012
Entries are now in. Vote now for the photo which best captures the spirit and impact of the thriving social enterprise and social business market.
on our Facebook page
Since 2009 the competition has set out to find images that show the unique and transformative work of social enterprise. This year the competition has been opened up to social businesses.
Now in its fifth year, the photography competition is run by Triodos Bank and Social Enterprise UK in association with Social Enterprise Live. See the 2011 winners.
The winner will be selected by our judges from the 12 photos with the most votes and these 12 photos will also be used to produce a 2013 desk calendar.
How to vote
To vote for your favourite photograph click the vote now via Facebook tab above.
Voting closes on Friday 9 November at 5pm.
A visitor is allowed 1 vote per project.
There are a number of prizes at stake for the winner: they are:
- Cash prize of £1,000 (£500 for the winning social enterprise or social business, £500 for the winning photographer)
- One year’s free membership to Social Enterprise UK (for non members only)
- One year’s free membership to Social Enterprise Live and £1,000 worth of online advertising.
The winner will be selected by our judges from the 12 photos with most votes and these 12 photos will also be used to produce a 2013 desk calendar.
Dates for your diary
- Monday 29 October – voting opens for people to vote for their favourite photos which best captures the spirit and impact of the thriving social enterprise and social business market. The 12 entries with the most votes will feature in a 2013 desk calendar. Voting will take place through the Triodos Bank Facebook page.
- Friday 9 November – voting closes and the judges will select a winner from the 12 photos with the most votes.
- Tuesday 4 December – the winner will be announced at a drinks reception at the Triodos Bank Office in Bristol and here on our website and Facebook page.
Media release 04-10-2012 |
The Social Vision photography competition, which launches today, is set out to find images that show the unique and transformative work of social enterprises and social businesses in the UK and Ireland. Social enterprises are businesses trading for social and environmental purposes - when they profit, society profits.
The Social Vision competition is run by Triodos Bank in partnership with Social Enterprise UK and Society Enterprise Live. Social enterprises and social businesses are encouraged to enter, as well as photographers who have worked with them. The photographer of the winning image and the social enterprise pictured will both receive £500. The organisation pictured will also win a year's membership to Social Enterprise Live and £1,000 worth of online advertising, and one year's free membership to Social Enterprise UK (for non members only).
It's free to apply and the deadline for entries is 19 October. Photos should be submitted via Triodos Bank's Facebook page - www.facebook.com/triodosbankuk . The 12 finalists will be selected by a public vote with the winning photo announced at a special event in November. All 12 finalists will be featured in a calendar which will be distributed at the event.
Neil Hewitt, Social & Cultural Team Manager at Triodos says, "Social Vision celebrates the achievements of a more meaningful approach to business. It's a powerful way of highlighting how enterprises can work in a way that delivers a social as well as financial return."
Peter Holbrook, CEO of Social Enterprise UK, says, "Over the past two decades, the social enterprise movement has grown rapidly. We're breaking into the mainstream and more and more people are hearing about the great things social enterprises are achieving across the world. The Social Vision competition will help continue this trend, bringing social enterprises and their stories of tackling social problems to life. I can't wait to see this year's entries".
Notes to editors
For interviews, comment, photography or other information, please contact:
Will Ferguson, William.firstname.lastname@example.org 0117 980 9770 / 07899 965640
Faye Holst, email@example.com 0117 980 9584 / 07557785167
- Social Enterprise UK is the national body for social enterprise. Social enterprises are businesses that are changing the world. When they profit, society profits. Together with our members we are the voice for social enterprise in the UK. Our members are local grass-roots organisations and multi-million pound businesses that operate internationally. What unites them is their commitment to changing the world through business. Visit www.socialenterprise.org.uk.
- Triodos Bank only finances organisations which create social, environmental or cultural added value. Key sectors include social enterprise, organic food and farming, renewable energy and fair trade. Visit www.triodos.co.uk
- Social Enterprise Live aims to be the most engaging, informative and useful resource for business people who are passionate about changing lives, building communities and nurturing the environment. *It is published by London Fields Publishing Ltd, a joint venture between Matter&Co and Glock Design * Visit www.socialenterpriselive.com