Small Enterprise Foundation
Small Enterprise Foundation (SEF) was founded in 1992 and is based in the Limpopo province in the north-east of South Africa. SEF is unique in the fact that it provides loans to the poorest women in the villages and the countryside for productive purposes.
The microfinance institution actively measures its effects and penetration and cooperates with such organisations as the Rural AIDS and Development Action research Programme (RADAR). Hivos-Triodos Fund, Triodos Sustainable Finance Foundation and Triodos Fair Share Fund have provided loans to SEF.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 140,897
- percentage female clients: 100%
- percentage rural clients: 100%
- average loan amount: EUR 152
- number of savings clients: -