Koperasi Mitra Dhu’afa (KOMIDA) is a cooperative based in Jakarta, Indonesia. KOMIDA focuses on rural areas, which leads to one-third of their loan portfolio being in agricultural lending. The institution also provides loans for education and savings accounts to people who otherwise have no access to the traditional banking channels.
Besides in Java, KOMIDA is also active in Sulawesi and Aceh, which belong to the poorest regions in Indonesia. Hivos-Triodos Fund has provided KOMIDA with a loan in local currency.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 503,138
- percentage female clients: 100%
- percentage rural clients: 85%
- average loan amount: EUR 40
- number of savings clients: 261,757