i-Finance is a start-up financial institution in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DR Congo) with local and international investors, including Triodos Sustainable Finance Foundation. i-Finance’s goal is to become an industry leader in the provision of sustainable financial services, including credit, savings and payment services to low-income and rural clients as well as small and medium enterprises. i-Finance is committed to the triple bottom line and aims to use its differentiating customer service approach and use of technology to expand.
KEY INDICATORS i-Finance as of 31 december 2015:
- number of loan clients: 2,851
- percentage of female clients: 46%
- average loan amount: EUR 3,869
- percentage of rural clients: 0%
- number of savings clients: 13,499