FINCA Tanzania was launched in 1997 and is part of FINCA International whose mission is to provide financial services to entrepreneurs from the lowest income groups. FINCA Tanzania has a branch network both in urban and in rural areas of the country. Access to these financial services creates jobs and improves the standard of living. The loans FINCA Tanzania has received from Triodos Sustainable Finance Foundation and Hivos-Triodos Fund will give it the means to grow further in the coming years, enabling it to offer more people access to financial services.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 63,016
- percentage female clients: 55%
- percentage rural clients: 64%
- average loan amount: EUR 424
- number of savings clients: -