Founded in 2002, Arvand – which means strong and capable in the Tajik language – is mainly active in northern Tajikistan and has a strong presence in rural areas. In addition to a wide range of products and services using both individual and group lending methodology, Arvand also specialises in agricultural business and provides loans for animal husbandry.
Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund are shareholders in Arvand. A senior representative from Triodos Bank serves on the Board of Directors.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 36,874
- percentage female clients: 42%
- percentage rural clients: 53%
- average loan amount: EUR 779
- number of savings clients: 22,220