A large number of people in Senegal still has no or only limited access to basic financial services. MicroCred Senegal was founded in 2007 to provide more people access to such services.
Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund have provided a loan to enable MicroCred Senegal to grow.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 45,048
- percentage female clients: 44%
- percentage rural clients: 0%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,695
- number of savings clients: 194,773