Fundación Para el Desarollo Empresarial y Agricola (FUNDEA) is a foundation by law and based in Guatemala City, Guatemala. FUNDEA has a strong presence in rural areas and its portfolio is a well-balanced mix of agricultural, housing, small- and microenterprise loans and wholesale loans to small cooperatives. Agricultural products that are financed are: vegetables, fruit, coffee, maize and potatoes, meat and dairy products. Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund have provided a loan to FUNDEA to realise further growth.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 23,350
- percentage female clients: 42%
- percentage rural clients: 77%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,121
- number of savings clients: -