FINCA Malawi is committed to provide financial services to the poorest in Malawi and to improve the living conditions of micro entrepreneurs. The institution mainly targets rural and small scale farmers and has strong roots in gender empowerment. Going forward FINCA Malawi aims to increase its rural outreach and to transform into a regulated institution in order to diversify its product range. In view of this ambition Hivos-Triodos Fund has provided a loan to FINCA Malawi.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 51,413
- percentage female loan clients: 59%
- percentage rural clients: 42%
- average loan amount: EUR 165
- number of savings clients: -