Amret was founded in 1991 with the aim of providing financial services to the poor rural population in remote areas of Cambodia. Amret is now active in 14 provinces, mainly providing loans for agriculture. Amret issues both individual and group loans and has started offering savings products too. Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund have provided Amret loans so that it can generate further growth in the number of clients it serves.
KEY INDICATORS 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 307,375
- percentage female clients: 77%
- percentage rural clients: 85%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,232
- number of savings clients: 175,184