Although the offering in financial services in Georgia has improved in recent years, access to uncomplicated credit products, particularly in rural areas, is still very limited. Microfinance institution Credo aims to serve these rural areas. Triodos Fair Share Fund and Triodos Microfinance Fund are shareholders in Credo. A senior Triodos Bank coworker represents the two Triodos funds on the Board of Directors.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2016:
- number of loan clients: 209,560
- percentage female clients: 48%
- percentage rural clients: 72%
- average loan amount: EUR 770
- number of savings clients: 288,116