Contact and Help - Business Banking
My business is involved in tourism / recreation. Is there a standard set of criteria I need to meet?
We have now developed a policy for lending to businesses involved in tourism (accommodation providers / campsites / visitor attractions / recreation).
We are pleased to be working in conjunction with the Green Tourism . Green Tourism is the national sustainable tourism certification scheme for the UK, and businesses opting to join Green Tourism are assessed by a qualified grading advisor against a rigorous set of criteria, covering a range of areas, like energy and water efficiency, waste management and biodiversity. Businesses are awarded a business Bronze, Silver or Gold accreditation depending on the outcome of their assessment.
It is a condition of any lending (loan or overdraft) that a business is accredited to a minimum standard of Silver within a specified period of the facility being made available
More from the same category of FAQs:
- Do you fund build-to-let?
- What if we want to build some houses and sell them?
- What criteria do catering businesses need to meet?
- Do you lend to Community Land Trusts (CLTs)?
- Is there a minimum size of loan you would consider for a CLT?
- Do you fund property development?
- What do you consider a sustainable building?