For news and views from Triodos Bank, as well as the stories behind some of our customers
Triodos Ethical Stocks & Shares ISA
Invest in a more sustainable future, the tax-efficient* way
- Our Socially Responsible Investment Funds offer the opportunity to invest in large listed companies or smaller pioneers
- Choose to invest in our Sustainable Equity Fund or Sustainable Pioneer Fund or both with the benefits of an ISA
- Invest from £1,000 up to £15,240 tax-efficiently per tax year
- Initial charge reduced from 3% to 1.5%** until 30 December 2016, additional management fees apply
**If you are investing more than £500,000 please call us on 0800 328 2181.
- Investments may be made in US dollars, euros and other foreign currencies as well as sterling so there is a risk of currency fluctuations***
- Income or dividend distributions are not guaranteed
- If income or dividend distributions are paid, they will be annual
- Investments are not covered by the Dutch deposit guarantee scheme, however they may be covered by the Investor compensation scheme. For more information on these schemes please read the deposit guarantee scheme and investor compensation scheme page.
Please read all the information below including the documents contained in the "download" tab to make sure you have the information you need to make an informed decision. Triodos Bank do not give investment advice but, if you have any query's about this product, you can telephone our Contact Team on 0800 328 2181 who will be able to answer any questions.
A tax-efficient way of saving or investing money
The ISA account is like a ‘wrapper’ in which you can put different types of investments. The advantage of it is that income tax is not payable on the interest or dividends you receive from an ISA and any profits from investments are free of Capital Gains Tax.
There are two types of ISA; a cash ISA (see our current range of ethical cash ISAs ) and a stocks and shares ISA. The Triodos Ethical Stocks and Shares ISA allows you to invest in either one or both of our Socially Responsible Investment Funds enabling you to choose how your tax-efficient investments are used.
Who can open a Triodos Ethical Stocks & Shares ISA?
Anyone aged 18 or over who is resident and ordinarily resident in the UK for tax purposes can invest in a stocks and shares ISA.
|The value of investments and the income derived from them may go down as well as up and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to the future.|
**Income tax is not payable on the interest or dividends you receive from an ISA and any profits from investments are free of Capital Gains Tax. However, the benefit to you of the favourable tax treatment are based on your individual circumstances and tax advantages may change in the future.
***When investing in these funds currency risk arises because the investments made by the funds are denominated in US dollars, euros and other foreign currencies. As the UK share classes are offered in sterling, when comparing returns for these share classes to those generated for the euro share classes offered to European investors, returns may be affected by currency fluctuations.
- Triodos Bank provide information so you can decide if this investment is appropriate for your personal circumstances. As we do not provide financial advice, if after reading the information supplied you are still unsure are to the appropriateness or suitability of investing in the product, you should contact an independent financial advisor.