Triodos Online Cash ISA
Tax-free ethical online savings account
- Interest rate 0.85% tax-free (0.85% AER* ) variable
- Flexible ISA – giving you more flexibility with your savings
- Online management for ease and convenience
- Enjoy better returns - ethically and financially
- Deposit up to £15,240 this tax year, tax free
*Rates applicable to accounts opened from 17 August 2016. To see rates applicable to accounts opened before 17 August 2016 please see our interest rates for personal accounts (including discontinued accounts) . Interest rate quoted is Annual Equivalent Rate (AER) and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year. Tax free is the contractual rate of interest payable where the interest is exempt from Income Tax. The benefit to you of the favourable tax treatment for ISAs could change in the future and depends on your individual circumstances.
- ISA (Individual Savings Account) savers can subscribe to three ISAs each tax year; one cash ISA, one stocks and shares ISA and one innovative finance ISA.
- The maximum total annual subscription limit for ISAs is £15,240 this tax year, which can either be saved fully in a cash ISA, invested fully in a stocks and shares ISA or an innovative finance ISA or split between the three types.
- The money you pay into any ISA is counted as a subscription. Interest that you earn on the money will not count as a subscription.
- You are only allowed to pay into one cash ISA in each tax year.
- If you change your mind about having a Triodos Online Cash ISA, you can cancel it and change it to another account type within 30 days of opening the account with no charge, and without affecting your ISA subscription limits (so you can open another cash ISA in the same tax year). We will pay you interest for the period your money was with us.
Alternatively, we have a range of other cash ISAs available including fixed rate and Junior ISA accounts many of which can be managed online. See our full range of ethical cash ISAs here