Go directly tomain navigation, search input field or thecontent

Contact and Help

Looking for Business Banking help? Are you looking for: Business Banking help Information about Triodos Bank

Personal Banking


Can I transfer other ISAs into my Triodos Ethical Stocks and Shares ISA?

You can transfer any previous years ISA allowances into a Triodos Ethical Stocks and Shares ISA without affecting your current year's ISA allowance. You can also transfer your current year's ISA allowances into a Triodos Ethical Stocks and Shares ISA, provided you transfer the whole amount. If you have a fixed rate or notice ISA (either with Triodos or another provider) that you wish to transfer, you need to check any penalties that might apply before instructing the transfer.

Please note that if you are transferring a Cash ISA to a Stocks and Shares ISA, you will be taking more risk with your money. The value of the S&S ISA may fall as well as rise on a daily basis and you may not get back your original investment. 

Please note that our cash ISAs are covered by the Dutch Deposit Guarantee Scheme and our Stocks and Shares ISA are covered by the Dutch Investor Guarantee Scheme.

Under the Dutch Investor Compensation Scheme, private individuals and small companies may claim compensation of up to € 20,000 per person if, in the context of providing an investment service, a financial institution is unable to meet its obligations. For example, a situation in which a financial institution is not able to transfer shares held in a client’s investment account. A depreciation in value of the investment due to price declines is thus not covered by the investor compensation scheme.

For further information, see the web pages of De Nederlandsche Bank on the investor compensation scheme www.dnb.nl go to ‘English’ section and search for ‘Investor Compensation Scheme’.

If the current ISA that you wish to transfer is held with another bank, you will need to complete an ISA transfer authority form from another provider to a Triodos Ethical Stocks and Shares ISA.  

If the ISA you wish to transfer is held with us, please use a Transfer authority form between existing Triodos ISAs .

You can download either form from our web site through the links above or call us on 0800 328 2181 and we will send one to you.

Have we answered your question? Yes No

More from the same category of FAQs: