Contact and Help - Personal Banking
Why does Triodos invest in the Microfinance sector?
We believe that microfinance has a valuable role to play in lifting people out of poverty, and helping to create a fairer, more sustainable world. On the basis of this strongly held belief, we started investing in the microfinance sector in 1994, taking on the management of two foundation funds.
As a result, we've been able to build relationships and develop our understanding of the sector, from its earliest days; and we have funded a number of microfinance institutions that have subsequently become among the most successful in the world.
More from the same category of FAQs:
- How do I know if I am an eligible investor for the microfinance fund?
- What is the investment goal of the fund?
- What is Microfinance?
- What is different about the Microfinance fund?
- 2013 Dividend information for the Microfinance Fund – SICAV II
- How risky is the Microfinance Fund, SICAV II investment?