What identification is needed to open a Junior Cash ISA?

To set up a Junior Cash ISA for a child, the parent or person with legal parental responsibility for the child will need to be identified. We also need the child’s original birth certificate, original NHS card or a certified copy of their passport. All certified copies must be in colour. We’ll return original documents by registered post. To help us verify the identity of customers opening an account we may make an electronic search, using the information you supply. In some instances we may need to ask you to send in further information or documents.

Certifiers must clearly write that they have seen the original document, and that the photograph, if applicable, represents a true likeness of the individual.  They must also include their full name, profession, business address, phone number and the date they certified the document.

The following people can certify documents for you:

  •  Accountants (registered with either ICAEW, ICAS, CAI, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA)
  • Solicitors
  • Post Office – a fee may be charged for using this service
  • Bank staff (must include branch stamp)

Related FAQs

Related how-to guides

How to transfer an ISA to a Triodos cash ISA

Related downloads

Find what you were looking for?

Search our help and support section for more

Go to help and support