Microfinance institution Compartamos Financiera primarily operates in the urban areas of Lima and in Peru's second city, Arequipa, which is its home base. Compartamos Financiera principally provides loans to city traders. Small traders can use these loans as working capital or investment capital. Triodos Microfinance Fund and Triodos Fair Share Fund have provided Compartamos Financiera loans to help it expand its loan portfolio.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 260,812
- percentage female clients: 75%
- percentage rural clients: 0%
- average loan amount: EUR 1,033
- number of savings clients: 8,625