La Cooperativa Maquita Cushunchic (Maquita) is active in the southern parts of Ecuador's capital, Quito. It primarily offers credit and savings facilities to women. Maquita works closely together with other local organisations so it can help its clients in other ways as well, for example by offering access to healthcare services. Hivos-Triodos Fund and Triodos Sustainable Finance Foundation have provided a loan to Maquita.
KEY INDICATORS as of 31 December 2015:
- number of loan clients: 8,664
- percentage female clients: 50%
- percentage rural clients: 2%
- average loan amount: EUR 2,943
- number of savings clients: 15,330