About the role
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. We are excited to be recruiting for an Office Services Co-worker on a part – time (22.5hrs a week basis Wed- Fri) 9month fixed term contract.
The role will be to assist with the delivery of building and office support services for Triodos Banks offices in the UK, with primary focus being the head office in Bristol. In a fast-paced environment, the role is part of a team that delivers a wide range of building and office support services, detail of this role’s responsibilities are described below.
Building and facilities management
- To receive and action building faults/repairs and escalate to contractors when appropriate
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers to arrange regular service visits and ensure work completed to agreed service levels and conducting periodic operational reviews
- To support the planned preventative maintenance regime with external contractors
- Support office moves including the removal and storage of furniture
- Assist with the receiving and distribution of goods/deliveries and store items. Opening and sorting inbound post, collecting outbound post for external distribution. Managing despatch and return of items via couriers
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining all office supplies, including proactive replenishment of departmental stationery points
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining Triodos stock material in UK offices and off site resources for business continuity strategy
- Support security policies including issue and cancellation of access control cards and key management
- Co-ordination of outsourced file archive process
- Responsible for setting up meeting rooms and ensuring they are stocked with materials. Arrange the provision of lunches and refreshments for external events & meetings outside of the scope of the marketing events co-ordinator. Liaise with marketing events co-ordinator to support marketing-led events at Deanery road office
- Manage supplier relationships and contracts as delegated by the Office Services Manager. Including performance and issue reviews
Health & safety support
Support the Office Services manager in completing statutory H&S testing and the provision of H&S services
Provide emergency and lunchtime backup to the reception function including preparation of outbound post
- Support the Office Services department in raising the awareness of sustainable working practices (e.g. energy consumption, recycling)
- Deliver the group environmental management system in the UK and additional local reporting measures as needed
Support to external events including the ordering of Triodos stock and managing the despatch and return of display stands and Triodos stock materials including checking condition upon return
- Maintaining documentation and management information in support of the role, for example: building services directory, departmental working instructions, asset registers and record keeping for scheduled & unscheduled service visits
- Support to ad hoc project activities as requested
- Support to other Office Services management and governance functions as requested (e.g. environmental management, vehicle leasing, buildings insurance policies)
We are looking for a friendly persona and flexible ‘can do’ attitude combined with an affinity to the Triodos values and a genuine interest in positive social and environmental change.
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a salary between £18,000 to £20,000p.a (full time equivalent) depending on experience, plus a benefits package including:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 2 months paid leave
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE)
- Additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
If you are interested in working for Triodos and believe you are suitable for the role please apply below.
Triodos is a Living Wage employer and embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace. Should you wish to discuss flexibility with us, please do inform us in your application.
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high-quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
12 July 2019