About the role
Triodos Bank is one of the world's leading sustainable banks. Our mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. This is an exciting time for the right person with a strong commitment to our mission to join a growing bank. Customer Operations is at heart of Triodos Bank. The team are responsible for a wide range of critical processes and functions that touch almost all parts of the UK branch. This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract and will sit within the Customer Due Diligence area.
The purpose of the role is to provide exceptional customer focused service to both Triodos Banks’ external and internal customers with a focus and commitment to meeting team quality and performance levels. With the aim of building and deepening relationships with customers and potential customers.
Working in a team environment to support the completion of the team’s daily workflows, ensuring all processes and quality standards are met.
- Provide consistently high-quality customer service
- Adhere to team processes and ensure all are up to date
- Work to achieve set SLA’s and KPI’s
- Adhere to daily deadlines and timelines to ensure that relevant work is completed
- To prioritise own workload by working to a daily workflow plan given to them
- Escalate issues which prevent the daily workflow plan being achieved and controls being met
- Proactive in suggesting continuous improvements in line with current process improvement methodology
- To achieve consistent RFT score in line with set targets in all processes
- Complete work in line with banking practice and regulatory requirements
- Recognise, respond to and take responsibility for any complaint you receive by phone, letter or email, following the correct process to record and respond to the complaint within FCA guidelines
- Being part of a culture of continuous improvement through demonstrating initiative and problem-solving ability
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and customers throughout processes where necessary, ensuring the completion of all necessary steps in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to deadlines
- Quality checking the work of colleagues
Legal and compliance
- Responsible for completing, where required, all necessary Anti Money Laundering and regulatory checks and assessments on customers, their UBOs and any other connected parties, ensuring that the Bank’s records are maintained and complete for compliance, audit and reporting requirements
- Where required, understand the differences between the various legal entities that the Bank may have relationships with in relation to the work being carried out, and the requirements for each specific entity in terms of official records, constitutional documentation and all related checks required to evidence compliance with AML
- To adhere to Triodos principles and ensure that relationships we form with customers will combine added cultural, social or environmental value with financial credibility
Reporting and data integrity
- Ensure the integrity of electronic and paper customer files, maintaining filing in line with departmental requirements.
In order to be successful in this role, candidates should possess the following skills and experience:
- Previous administrative experience in a regulated industry is preferable
- A good working knowledge of banking operations processes as well as Money Laundering regulations (specifically Customer Due Diligence), and other compliance matters
- An ability to work unsupervised but also as part of a small team
- Experience would include working to service level agreements, processing customer requests, data entry, banking experience/knowledge and quality checking of work
- Strong administrative skills and communicating clearly with confidence
- A 'can do' attitude combined with an affinity to Triodos values and behaviours
- Excellent interpersonal
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of £18,500 to £19,500, depending on experience, plus a benefits package including:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance - x 4 basic pay
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- A wellbeing allowance - £100 a year to spend on a hobby, interest, pampering or something else to improve your wellbeing
- Vitality Leave - After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 2 months paid leave
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE)
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
If you are interested in working for Triodos and believe you are suitable for the role please apply below.
Triodos is a Living Wage employer and embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace. Should you wish to discuss flexibility with us, please do inform us in your application.
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high-quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
20 November 2019