Triodos is growing rapidly, and so is our software development department. We’re expanding existing teams and forming new teams. You, a true Java enthusiast, can contribute to this. We have vacancies on all levels, from junior to senior positions.
As a Java Developer at Triodos bank, you help building the core banking system of one of the most sustainable banks in the world. You share our social mission and want to contribute to it, doing what you do best. Focus on performance, maintainability, scalability and robustness is what you strive towards. Quality is of utmost importance to you. Welcome to Triodos Bank.
Triodos bank is continuously expanding its products and services to its customers. A growing organisation means a requirement for more development capacity. Together we work on a mission critical system, of which we built all core parts ourselves, which means we are in control. Triodos Bank is growing rapidly, but is still small enough for you as an individual developer to make a change and to focus on what you think is important.
A full stack challenge As a Development Team Member in one of our scrum teams, you work in sprints on the user stories that the product owner assigns the highest priority. We have ten multidisciplinary scrum teams; you will be part of one. Together with a test specialist, an information analyst and a couple of developers, you will be responsible for the result of the team. Our goal is to build excellent software. We do this for our branches in the Netherlands, Belgium, the United Kingdom and France.
Scrum team Together we are responsible for a spectrum of large projects to small changes for expansion or improvement of products and services. As a developer you will search for practical and elegant solutions to complex and simple problems. You will build new functionalities for our customers using Internet banking and the mobile app, and you will improve administrative systems for Triodos colleagues.
About the role
This is who you are or want to be, depending on your skill level. You:
- are an absolute Java champion! Within no time you are up to speed in a large existing code base, which has grown over the last 15 years. You can translate functional requirements to a technical solution in a complex environment.
- can assess when to make a decision by yourself or within your team, and when to consult a tech lead from another team or one of the software architects.
- can find the perfect balance between the most elegant solution and a more pragmatic approach.
- show initiative, contribute to solutions and take the lead. We offer the opportunity to do so, and you will take it!
- treat others with respect. Also when they are different from you. You understand the importance of working in iterations and getting things “Done” frequently. You are always looking for ways to improve.
Follow your heart. Use your head. Triodos Bank
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1.500 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Triodos Bank conducts its administration at the local offices in the countries where it operates. On behalf of the Triodos Executive Board, and based at the head office in Zeist, Group Finance, Control & Tax performs the internal and external reporting (e.g. to Dutch Central Bank) and the financial analyses regarding all of the Bank’s activities.
What we offer
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as Java Developer. Moreover, the fact that Triodos offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you are capable of.
- 29 paid holiday days for a 40-hour working week, and the opportunity to purchase 2 extra weeks.
- training and development opportunities.
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- 100% public transport allowance for journeys between home and work.
- an attractive pension scheme.
- a bike scheme.
Are you interested? For more specific information about this position, please contact our Teamlead Maarten Nooter at: email@example.com.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the 'Apply now' button and send your motivation letter and cv to the attention of Coen de Winter, IT Recruiter. We would like to get in touch with you!
As the position based in Zeist, the Netherlands, applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid working permit for the European Union and at least basic knowledge of the Dutch language.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
06 March 2020