The Financial Accounting team is highly involved in all accounting & reporting processes and is primarily responsible for correctness and completeness of financial data, (external) financial accounting and - reporting. Due to increasing activities in order to meet the strategic goals and plans, the Financial Accounting team opens a position for a Sr. Finance Specialist /Accountant (36-40 hours a week).
About the role
The Senior Finance Specialist is part of the Financial Accounting & Reporting (FA) team and reports directly to the manager Financial Accounting & Reporting. The team consists of people focused on the periodic accounting and reporting responsibilities of Triodos Investment Management and the investment funds under its management and people that are more involved in projects and focused on the change of the financial processes as well as the coordination of the annual reports. The position of Senior Finance Specialist relates to the latter.
The position covers a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Your primary focus will be on the (audit) coordination of the (semi-)annual reports of multiple investment funds and Triodos Investment Management, the accounting interpretation of new legislation, statutory and supervisory reporting, various financial projects related to efficiency and quality improvement and being responsible for the internal (ISAE) controls and up-to-date process descriptions of and within the financial accounting & reporting department.
In this position you will get the opportunity to be active in one of the front runner asset managers in sustainable investments. Impact investing in public market requires thorough analysis, vision and dedication. Working with Triodos means that you will be one of those financial specialists who wants to use and enrich her or his personal skills continuously.
Your responsibilities are amongst others
- Coordinate the (semi-)annual reporting process in which you need to manage and liaise with various stakeholders, internally (e.g. fund accountants, product managers, fund managers) and externally (e.g. external auditor);
- You need to have an in-depth understanding of the applicable law- and regulations and reporting requirements (Dutch GAAP (RJ), IFRS, Lux GAAP) and being able to translate them into implications for the organization in general and the annual reports specifically (e.g. preparation of dummy (semi-)annual reports);
- You will coordinate the internal and external audits. The internal audits conducted by the 3rd line of defense and the external audits conducted by related parties or by the external accountant in cases other than the (semi-)annual reports;
- You will play a key role in financial projects in which the accounting & reporting department attributes;
- You will be responsible and coordinate the adequate performance of the key controls of the department within the internal control framework (ISAE 3402), including providing support to the fund accountants, liaise with 2nd line of defense in enhancing the current internal control framework and keep the process and control descriptions of the department up-to-date and in line with current practice;
- Provide recommendations to the team regarding the accounting treatment of specific subjects or new (reporting) requirements and draft position papers for higher management and the external auditor;
- Being able to effectively communicate on all levels within the organization;
- Provide added value by solicited and unsolicited recommendations to the manager of the department and higher management.
The position requires
- Master's degree in accounting / finance, supplemented with a relevant post graduate certificate or almost graduated (RA/RC/CPA/CMA);
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a similar role or a financial controller/auditor role within an investment management organization or financial services - Big 4 experience is a big advantage;
- Good understanding of Dutch GAAP (RJ) and IFRS – understanding of Lux GAAP is an added advantage;
- Understanding of internal control frameworks and knowledge how to assess the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting and accounting;
- Good command of English and Dutch, both written and oral;
- An ownership attitude, problem solving, and critical thinking skills are essential;
- Result oriented mindset and have a drive for quality.
This is you
- Feel personally connected to the mission and goals of Triodos IM
- Work well independently whilst being constructive in the team
- Show a proactive and hands-on mentality, used to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Work efficiently, structured and accurate and you thrive on reaching results
- Have a solution focused attitude, be pragmatic with good business sense.
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 16+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.6 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 200 co-workers, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
What we offer
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days on the basis of a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
The search for this position is granted to some search agencies.
For more information about this position, please contact Niels van den Berg, head of Financial Accounting & Reporting a.i. via niels.vandenBerg@triodos.nl
Want to join our team? Please send your application (including motivation letter) as soon as possible, to the attention of Dorette Hollestelle – Geesink, Sr. HR Advisor Triodos IM via the Apply button on our website.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
02 July 2020