About the role
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. This is an exciting opportunity to join Triodos as a Senior Internal Auditor on a full-time or part-time basis (minimum 4 working day equivalent). The role of Internal Audit is to assist the board, audit and risk committee and senior management in their responsibilities by providing analysis, advice and recommendations concerning the (corporate) governance structure and internal control (environment).
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, this role will play a key part in the delivery of the TBUK Internal Audit plan whilst also being part of the wider Group Internal Audit team. Key responsibilities are:
Audits and investigations:
- Proactively providing input and bringing external analysis into the annual risk assessment to identify and plan audits for the following year and 3-year cycle
- Coordination and arrangement of audit planning considering the audit objectives, timelines and requirements for complex audits
- Leads, performs and coordinates (specialized and complex) audit activities within and across functional business lines and/or locations, proactively identifying issues and suggesting solutions
- Preparing high quality reports of audit findings and assisting management in defining actions with the aim of improving processes and internal control within Triodos
- Communicating findings and recommendations to the business and negotiating agreed actions
- Monitoring and reporting on progress against agreed audit actions
- Ensure that all auditing activities consider the applicable laws and regulations and are performed in accordance with an annual internal audit plan which is approved by the UK Board and the ARC
- Be a subject matter expert within the Group Internal Audit function for at least one of the following risk categories: credit risk, compliance, IT, operational risk. This role provides up to date in-depth knowledge and contributes to audits in this subject
- Supervise co-workers in performing audit activities, both technically and regarding the scope of work within the organisation
- Comply with all regulatory obligations and internal governance to help ensure ethical behaviour which delivers fair outcomes for TBUK customers
Special Tasks and investigations:
- Perform these tasks as directed by the Head of Internal Audit
- Based on experience and external research, pro-actively contribute and develop Internal Audit policies and procedures as requested
- Coordinates and maintains the Quality Assurance program as required by the Group Head of Audit
- Participates in external committees/working groups in consultation with the Head of Internal Audit
Financial control and efficiency:
- Responsible for championing continuous improvement within the department and across the Triodos Group
- Pro-actively completed reporting to TB UK CMC, ARC and Board in creating MI and Reporting packs to a high level of quality
Promotion of brand and mission:
- Contribute to brand promotion and the mission of Triodos through personal and professional networking, speaking engagements and through professional and industry bodies
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values. The successful candidate will operate with the highest integrity; demonstrate a deep understanding of the mission of Triodos Bank and willingness to take responsibility for safeguarding, representing and contributing to the development of that mission.
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in an internal audit function or a multinational (external) audit firm (with specific focus on the banking sector being desirable). A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, UK or international) and/or an audit qualification in financial, operational, compliance and/or IT auditing (CIA, CISA, CPA, PIIA, MIIA or equivalent).
You will have good knowledge and experience in at least one of IT, Credit Risk, Compliance and / or Operational Risk Management. The ability to work both independently and collaboratively to prepare risk assessments, work programs, perform audits and write reports. This means that you will possess strong communication, analytical, and influencing skills and able to maintain relations at all levels of the organisation. Experience in working in an international environment is desirable; willingness to travel and work in different cultural environments is a necessity (approx. 30 working days a year).
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, plus a benefits package including:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. Should you wish to discuss flexibility in any way, please do let us in in your application. For this opportunity, we are open to both full-time and part-time applications (at least equivalent to a 4-day working week).
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high-quality applications from which to make a shortlist. We recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
31 July 2020