The Financial Accounting & Reporting team is highly involved in all financial processes and is primarily responsible for the accuracy and completeness of financial data, (external) financial accounting and -reporting. Due to increasing activities in order to meet the strategic goals and plans, the Financial Accounting & Reporting team opens a position for a Finance Officer (36-40 hours a week).
About the role
The Finance Officer is part of the Financial Accounting & Reporting (FA) team and reports directly to the Head of FA. The Finance Officer is part of a sub-team Fund Accountants within the Financial Accounting & Reporting department. The sub-team consists of six people and the Financial Accounting & Reporting department in total consists of eleven people, including the Head and a Project Manager. The sub-team Fund Accountants do focus on the periodic accounting and reporting responsibilities of Triodos Investment Management (IM) and the investment funds under its management.
The position covers a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Your primary focus will be on the preparation and review of NAV calculations of the various investment funds, processing of invoices and payments and managing the accounts payable and receivable for Triodos IM and the investment funds. Secondly, you will contribute to the month-end closing process and will assist the fund accountants in performing various supporting administrative activities.
In this position you have the opportunity to be active in one of the front runner asset managers in sustainable investments. Impact investing in public market requires thorough analysis, vision and dedication. Working at Triodos means that you will be one of those financial specialists who wants to use and enrich her or his personal skills continuously. Within the sub-team Fund Accountants specifically and the Financial Accounting & Reporting department in general, you will have the opportunity - in line with your ambition - to continuously develop your personal skills to become a future respective fund accountant responsible for (multiple) investment funds.
Your main responsibilities are
- Preparation and review of NAV calculations of the various investment funds;
- Processing of invoices and payments and managing the accounts payable and receivable;
- Contribute to the month-end closing process;
- Assist other colleagues in the sub-team in performing various supporting administrative activities;
- Provide general support to the team.
The position requires
- A relevant accounting or bookkeeping degree, HBO or MBO BA (or comparable);
- A minimum of 2-4 years relevant working experience in a similar (administrative) role within the financial services industry;
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting software (e.g. Exact);
- Good communication skills coupled with the ability to liaise with people internationally, through spoken and written channels and at all levels in English;
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the EU.
This is you
- Feel personally connected to the mission and goals of Triodos IM;
- Work well independently whilst being constructive in the team;
- A proactive, open attitude and a structured, accurate manner of working.
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 16+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.9 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 200 co-workers; diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
What we offer
We offer a combination of working at home and working in our new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days on the basis of a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
For more information about this position, please contact Niels van den Berg, Head of Financial Accounting & Reporting a.i. via niels.vandenBerg@triodos.nl
Want to join our team? Please send your application (including motivation letter) before August, 15th, to the attention of Dorette Hollestelle – Geesink, Sr. HR Advisor Triodos IM via the Apply button on our website.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
14 July 2020