As of 1 April 2019, Triodos Regenerative Money Centre has been created, a new and distinct business unit within Triodos Bank NV.With Triodos Regenerative Money Centre we support initiatives that pioneer.That catalyse. That build communities and partnerships.That dare to deviate and challenge the status quo.With an explicit goal to regenerate society and the planet.The financial instruments we use are donations and so-called Catalytic Investments.Instruments that have the potential to be and support gamechangers.Focus areas are Resilient Food and Agricultural systems, Nature Restoration projects, Energy Transition, Social Inclusion and Money & Society.The Centre works with a small team, now consisting of 8 persons.To expand the capacity of the Catalytic Investment team, we are looking for an analytical self-starter to fulfil the position of:
Investment Analyst Catalytic Investments (32 hrs)
Triodos Regenerative Money Centre
You will support the 3 senior Investment Managers that are now working within the Catalytic Investment team. As a team, we pro-actively search for opportunities to facilitate gamechangers, true catalysts for economic, ecologic and/or societal renewal. We provide long term equity and (direct & indirect) debt investments in a selected number of high impact/high profile companies, projects or funds. We adapt the instruments to accommodate these projects, developing innovative new financing options and structures and seeking for impact-based returns.
More information? See www.triodos.com/trmc
About the role
Your responsibilities in this position:
Support the investment and fund management activities of the Catalytic Investment Team:
- Liaise and maintain contact with our portfolio’s clients for our monitoring process.
- Manage required content in our fund administration program (FrontInvest) for our portfolio and pipeline/ liquidity overview.
- Act as liaison between the investment team and portfolio/ financial administration on disbursement and fund management matters.
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence (“know your customer” procedures).
- Support the investment team in
- Contributing with research to engagement topics.
- Developing ideas for catalytic investments or alternative financial instruments.
- Performing (financial) risk analysis and drafting investment proposals during due diligence processes.
- Draft or review legal documentation;
- Contribute to team meetings and plans of the team and monitor progress of action lists and plans.
- Be a representative of the Triodos Regenerative Money Centre mission.
What we expect from you:
- Feel personally connected with the mission and goals of Triodos, be inspired by the potential of the new Centre & being able to express a vision on what these types of investments could do for the transformation of society;
- Relevant education at minimum Bachelor level, e.g. Business Economics, Business Administration or comparable.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, with a strong financial and analytical component, preferably within an investment management environment.
- Accessible, pro-active and well-organised person with a hands-on, analytical and facilitating attitude.
- Fluent communication in English orally and in writing is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other office systems.
- Pro-active, efficient, solution-oriented and well-organised person.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and the eagerness to learn and develop.
- Self-starter and team player, strong interpersonal skills.
You will have an advantage if you:
- Have a relevant (international) network in one or more of the focus areas of the new Centre and speak more languages apart from English (Spanish, German, Dutch, French).
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,500 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for almost 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Zeist. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
What we offer
You want to have an impact
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as Investment Analyst Catalytic Investments. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a bonus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do.
- an attractive pension policy.
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport.
- a company bicycle scheme.
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days.
- a range of education and training opportunities.
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
The position is based in Zeist, the Netherlands. Applicants must have or obtain a valid work permit for the European Union and live in the Netherlands.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Liesbeth Soer via 030-6936528.
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button before November 27 to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter.
Details from this advertisement are not to be used for marketing purposes.
Zeist | Head Office
26 November 2020