The Financial Accounting & Reporting team is highly involved in all financial processes and is primarily responsible for the accuracy and completeness of financial data, (external) financial accounting and -reporting. Due to increasing activities in order to meet the strategic goals and plans, the Financial Accounting & Reporting team opens a position for a Senior Fund Accountant (36-40 hours a week).
About the role
The Senior Fund Accountant is part of the Fund Accountants domain within the Financial Accounting & Reporting (FA) department. The domain consists of six people and the Financial Accounting & Reporting department in total consists of ten people, including the Head of the department. The Fund Accountants domain focuses on the periodic accounting and reporting responsibilities of Triodos Investment Management (IM) and the investment funds under its management.
The position covers a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Your primary focus will be on having the final responsibility in regard of several investment funds, including the month-end closing and the preparation of various internal and external ((semi-)annual) reports. You will have a senior role in the responsibilities of Triodos IM (the investment manager) regarding administration and reporting and will participate in projects within disciplinary teams. You will also review the work of other team members and will coach your team members. The preparation and review of NAV calculations of the various investment funds will also be one of your activities to perform.
In this position you will have the opportunity to be active in one of the front runner asset managers in sustainable investments. Impact investing in public market requires thorough analysis, vision and dedication. Working at Triodos means that you will be one of those financial specialists who wants to use and enrich her or his personal skills continuously. Within Triodos IM in general and the Financial Accounting & Reporting department specifically, you will have the opportunity - in line with your ambition - to continuously develop your personal skills.
Your main responsibilities are:
Preparation and review of NAV calculations of the various investment funds;
- Having the final responsibility for a number of investment funds, including:
- Month-end closing process;
- Drafting the (semi-)annual reports;
- Drafting the regulatory reports (MER, DRA; AIFMD);
- Liaise and having contact with the respective fund manager of the funds you are responsible for;
- Being the contact person for the external auditor in answering questions for the funds you are responsible for;
- Perform the internal controls (ISAE) in regard of your funds;
- Having a senior role in the responsibilities of Triodos IM regarding administration and reporting;
- Participate in projects within disciplinary teams which fall within your field of interest and expertise or are related to your funds;Coach less senior team members and review the work of less senior team members;
- Attribute to process improvements;
- Provide oral and/or written (solicited or unsolicited) advice to the captain of the Fund Accountants domain and the Head of the department.
The position requires
- A relevant accounting or bookkeeping degree, HBO;
- A minimum of 5-7 years relevant working experience in a similar (administrative & reporting) role within the financial services industry;
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting software (e.g. Exact, Front Invest is a pre);
- Good communication skills coupled with the ability to liaise with people internationally, through spoken and written channels and at all levels in English.
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the EU
This is you
- Driven person, intrinsically motivated to work for a mission-driven organization focused on sustainability;
- Work well independently whilst being constructive in the team;
- A proactive, open attitude and a structured, accurate manner of working.
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 16+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.9 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 200 co-workers, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
What we offer
We offer a combination of working at home and working in our new, sustainable office, based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days on the basis of a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
The search for this position is granted to Oliver James Associates. https://www.ojassociates.nl/
For more information about this position, call Maxime Hermarij, Consultant, Tel: +31 20 808 2007
If you want to apply please send your application (including motivation letter) before October 23, to the attention of Maxime Hermarij Maxime.Hermarij@ojassociates.com
Applications directly addressed to Triodos Investment Management will not be processed.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
05 October 2020