About the role
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change. We are pleased to be recruiting for 3 Project Managers to our Project Office team on either a permanent or 18-month FTC basis.
Our Project Managers work within the Business Projects and ICT department managing projects of medium complexity within a variety of focus areas. The have the authority to run the given project on a day to day basis on behalf of the UK business owner within the guidelines discussed at the outset of each project and according to an agreed standard governance structure & methodology framework. For international projects the Project Manager will represent TBUK in dealings with the international Project Manager.
- Own a project on an operational and/or tactical level with a medium number of stakeholders and or teams
- Create clear project documentation that can be used to realise the project
- Assemble the project team, with the agreement of their business managers and define the responsibilities, work scope and targets for each team member
- Manage the production of the required deliverables on time and to budget
- Direct and motivate the project team which may be made up of in-house and/or 3rd party project team members. Liaison with third parties as required to ensure successful project delivery
- Prepare and agree the project definition and business case with the business owner and gain agreement from other parties as required
- Plan, monitor and manage project progress; monitor and manage the risks and opportunities including contingency plans
- Manage the resolution of project issues and escalate issues which are outside the control of the project manager to the business owner
- Manage interdependencies with other related projects and ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated
- Take responsibility for overall project progress and initiate corrective action where required
- Manage the scope of the project and control any changes in line with the agreed change process
- Agree technical and quality strategy with the business owner & appropriate project team members
- Prepare and implement release and handover plans
- Manage closure of the project and prepare the Project Closure Report (including lessons learnt)
- Identify and obtain any support and advice required for management, planning and control of the project
- Responsible for project documentation and effective administration
- If working within Domains, Project Managers could fulfil the role of Business Change Owner
The Project Manager’s prime responsibility is to ensure that the given project produces the required deliverables, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The Project Manager is also responsible for the project producing a result that can achieve the benefits defined in the Business Case.
To be successful in this role, you will possess experience of taking the lead on cross-departmental projects in a regulated environment, as well as an understanding of Agile methodology for ICT development. A good understanding of change management theory and practice, as well as a good working knowledge of UK banking systems and processes would be beneficial. It is desirable that you possess relevant qualifications and professional memberships, such as PRINCE2, Association for Project Management. You should respond positively to change and the challenges and opportunities it brings, be able to inspire others and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills – presenting information clearly and with confidence. Excellent stakeholder management skills, and the ability to influence and negotiate are also crucial. You will have experience of digital tools and processes to facilitate customer communication and engagement.
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of up to £45,000, depending on experience, plus a benefits package including:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. Should you wish to discuss flexibility in any way, please do let us know in your application.
Please note, Triodos Bank reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its vacancies if we receive a suitable number of high-quality applications from which to make a shortlist. We recommend that you apply for one of our roles as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
Closing date: 14/04/2021
31 March 2021