About the role
Asset & Liability Management (ALM) Manager - Bristol or London (full-time or part-time)
Triodos Bank is one of Europe’s leading sustainable banks, whose mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental, and cultural change. This is an exciting time for the right professional with a strong commitment to our mission to join a growing and successful bank. We are pleased to be recruiting for an Asset & Liability Management (ALM) Manager to join our Finance team on a full-time or part-time basis (min 30 hours p/week).
Based within a commutable distance of either our Bristol or London offices, you will report to the Head of Treasury and be responsible for Asset & Liability Management (ALM). The role has a variety of responsibilities, including Asset and Liability management, Financial planning, budgeting and analysis, Stress Testing, IRRBB and Funding Plan.
Treasury and Asset and Liability Management:
- ALCO Governance. KRIs & ALM discussion steering
- IRRBB owner for TBUK, production, method and reporting and interpretation as well as explanation to ALCO and Board. Suggest IRS hedging needs
- ICAAP, ILAAP, LCP, and RP process management, regulation interpretation, data management & calculations, optimization, document production
- Setup liquidity management framework – Stress scenario and Outflow assumptions – OLAR, Monthly Liquidity Stress Testing
- ALM report interpretation & translation to PRA format & expectation (understanding of Interest rate and liquidity risk)
- Expert Commentary on Liquidity and Funding analysis of monthly balance sheet, Product behaviour, and key metrics/ratios
- Overall analysis of funding requirements, Funding Plan discussion with business, testing LCP and RP Management Actions
- Regulatory reporting expert support in assessing fit-for-purpose and accuracy 4-eye checks
- Setting Treasury policies and processes and monitor ongoing compliance
- Treasury and FP&A RCSA framework owner, member of Finance Crisis Management Team, ensuring business continuity planning, and supporting other finance co-workers in their activities where required
- Preparing and monitoring the daily liquidity, counterparty, investment, and FX position. Ensure the efficiency of this process
- Provide/review FX quotes for customer transactions and understand liquidity and FX exposure implications and actions
- Propose monetary deposits and monetary borrowing decisions
- Perform periodic review of counterparties for cash management and investment purposes
Triodos Bank is proud of its culture, ethos, and ability to make a positive change in society. It is important that candidates evidence a strong commitment to Triodos Bank’s core values of ethical sustainability and transparency, as well as the personal qualities to live these values.
It is essential to have an appropriate accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or equivalent ALM/Treasury qualification. Financial services experience is required. An ability to understand and refine complex financial models, and to understand the mathematical principles behind them, is important. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages, especially Excel, or the proven aptitude to acquire such skills, is therefore also important.
The role requires the ability to work to tight deadlines, good organisational skills, and the ability to interact with many levels of the business with credibility and friendly professionalism. Clear and concise written and oral communication skills are important, with a commercial approach, and a hunger and aptitude to understand and challenge the bank’s business model.
What we offer
In return for your commitment and hard work, you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £65,000 (depending on experience). We believe people should be properly and appropriately paid for their work but that there should also be a fair distribution of the value the bank generates, which is why we do not have performance related pay or bonuses. Instead, we have an extensive benefits package where most of our benefits are non-contributory. Our benefits include:
- Non-contributory pension scheme from your first day of 8% in year 1 and 10% from year 2 onwards
- Life Assurance (worth 4 times basic pay)
- Income Protection - 75% of basic pay after 13 weeks sick and following six months service
- Private Medical Insurance
- A Health Cash Plan
- Vitality Leave – After each 7 years of service, you will be able to take a sabbatical of up 3 months
- 25 days (FTE) plus bank holidays per annum with additional increase in holiday though length of service (up to 5 days FTE)
- A buy and sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days (FTE) to maximum of 30 days
- Season Ticket Loan available for commuting into the office
- A wellbeing allowance of £100 a year
- Voluntary benefits, including discounts and cycle to work scheme
This role is designated as a Certified Function within the Senior Managers and Certification Regime under the category “Significant Management” because the role as a direct report of a Senior Manager Function role in the UK has a high level of responsibility and autonomy of action within the authority delegated to it, which has the potential to cause “significant harm” to the firm or its customers.
Triodos embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and is proud to be a Living Wage Employer and a Disability Confident "Committed" employer. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Triodos Bank is proud to be using Rare's Contextual Recruitment System (CRS) which allows us to consider applicants' achievements in the context in which they were gained. We understand that not every candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, from every background. Once you’ve submitted your application to us, please make sure to check your inbox, and or junk folder, for an email with a link to the CRS form.
Closing Date: 26/9/21
Bristol or London
10 September 2021