At Triodos, we're on the move. We’re ambitious and growing, both in size and complexity, and therefore we are looking for a
Legal Counsel on Sustainable Finance (junior/medior) (32 - 40 hours per week)Group Legal Department
Be the lawyer on sustainable finance at the most sustainable bank
As a junior/medior Legal Counsel you like to work in a growing young team of in-house lawyers, challenging each other to improve our legal knowledge in connection with the day to day business activities of Triodos Bank. You’re a passionate lawyer, exited to explore and learn! You enjoy your work and with your lively spirit you are a nice colleague to work with.
- keep up to date with and analyse existing and upcoming regulations in the area of sustainable finance.
- translate the gained knowledge into practical legal advices and answers to questions from the various internal stakeholders This is the essence of your job!
- engage and move within the bank by demonstrating that you can help your colleagues in solving their legal issues while accomplishing Triodos' mission.
About the role
The Group Legal Department is part of the Group legal Functional Area managed by the General Counsel. The legal team at HO is managed directly by the Group Head of Legal. This team presently consists of a paralegal, a Legal Counsel and two interns, but it will strengthen in the coming periods with new colleagues. We are responsible for the day to day legal support at Head Office level and support the local legal teams with our knowledge of the rules and regulations on European level. As a team we are part of the Legal Community of Triodos Bank Group consisting of 34 colleagues. You report to the Group Head of Legal acting independently within your legal fields.
This is you
- minimum of 2 years of working experience preferably gained within a banking/finance practice of a top tier law firm or within a financial institution as in-house officer/counsel.
- knowledge of the SFDR and the Framework Regulation (Taxonomy) and related legislation is a pre-basic knowledge of NDRD and MiFID 2 is appreciated.
- besides knowledge, you really enjoy and have the capacity to analyze regulations and translate the analysis into concrete actions to be taken.
- stakeholder management is one of your core competences! You understand the (international) business within Triodos Bank Group and know how to help them.
This is complemented by:
- strong communication skills in English and in Dutch (both written and verbal) and able to maintain relations at all levels of the organisation.
- demonstrably strong influencing and persuasion skills.
- an assertive attitude and the courage to ask questions.
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Money always sets something into motion. At Triodos Bank, with our 1,600 co-workers, we are making money work for positive societal change. Inspired by this mission, for 40 years we have been financing businesses, organisations and projects that seek to achieve positive change in societal, ecological and cultural domains. We are enabled to do so by savers and investors who wish to contribute to an honest, sustainable and humane society. We only invest in the real economy and do not trade in complex financial products. We furthermore make a point of knowing all the sustainable entrepreneurs that choose to bank with us.
People make the difference: at Triodos Bank we are very aware of this. Together we actively contribute to a sustainable society, and this obviously starts with our co-workers. Several regular moments of reflection and our systematic attention for personal development help ensure that we can make that difference together. We keep each other focused and are all dedicated to the Triodos Bank mission.
Our head office is in Zeist. If you travel in a sustainable manner and commute to office using public transport, then we will fully remunerate your commuter expenses. This is one way of contributing to a healthier environment, together.
What we offer
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us as a bank and for you as Legal Counsel. The fact that Triodos moreover offers attractive and just employment conditions is a plus. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to who you are and what you can do
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- a range of education and training opportunities
- the option to join our collective health insurance.
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Peter Cent (Group head of Legal) via email: email@example.com
Want to join our team?
Please send in your application via the apply button before May 10 to the attention of Coen de Winter, Recruiter. Applications via e-mail or LinkedIn will not be processed. We would like to get in touch with you!
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough good candidates. Furthermore, we prioritize internal candidates over external candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Zeist | Head Office
22 April 2021