The Senior Operational Risk Manager (ORM) will join the Risk & Compliance team that is part of the Risk & Finance (R&F) department of Triodos Investment Management. The R&F department supports the investment funds and mandates with professional expertise, accounting and back office services for the various investment portfolios. The department is specialized in financial accounting, controlling, legal, tax, risk management and compliance and works in close cooperation with the fund managers and teams of investment managers.
Do you want to join our Risk team to increase awareness and to empower all stakeholders at Triodos IM regarding Operational Risk Management? We are looking now for a Senior Operational Risk Manager for 32-40 hours a week.
About the role
You will be part of the Risk & Compliance team. The team consists of four compliance officers, two ORM’s (of which you are one), and a head of the department, who all operate functionally and hierarchically independent of the operational and commercial departments, and facilitate the organisation with second line Risk Management & Compliance activities.
Theposition covers a wide range of tasks and responsibilities. Your focus will be on:
- Contributing to the development of the Operational Risk Management discipline.
- Further develop, implement and roll out the ORM framework.
- Advise and challenge in (e.g. process, project, vendor), Risk and Control Self Assessments.
- Acting as second line challenge on changes to the Risk and Control Framework.
- Challenge the design and operating effectiveness of key controls (testing).
- Provide training and awareness sessions on Operational Risk subjects.
- Monitor and reassure the implementation of mitigating measures.
- Form an independent opinion with respect to operational risks.
- Advise staff and management on operational risks pertaining to new or improved products or processes.
- Advise and monitor the follow-up of audit findings and risk events.
- Report to management on non-financial risks and/or take part in the Non-Financial Risk Committee.
The position requires
- University degree, preferably Risk-oriented
- 5-10 years relevant work experience in a similar role
- Broad knowledge of Operational Risk Management, preferably in Investment Management or other financial institution
- Good command of English, both written and oral
- Applicants must be living in the Netherlands and be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the EU
This is you
- Strong affinity and personal connection with the values and mission of Triodos Investment Management and have the capacity to communicate these and translate them into daily activities
- You combine an independent opinion allied with a constructive, cooperative attitude, in which the relationship is important, and you are used to taking ownership.
- Working in an international, ambitious and pioneering environment really appeals to you
- Can work independently, whilst also being a constructive team-player
- Are able to work efficiently, in a structured and accurate manner, and thrive on obtaining results.
As a person, the successful candidate will possess a high level of energy, having the ability to combine a holistic view with accuracy and attention to detail. You thrive when working in an ordered and effective manner and are able to set ambitious goals and deliver high quality results in what is a rapidly changing environment. You are a strong communicator and you bring your smile and humor with you, as this is both valued and appreciated in the team.
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organisation that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 16+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 5.4 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge, combined with the sustainability objectives and commitment of our partners. We work with around 220 co-workers; diversity is key which is reflected by an international group of people, where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. For more information please see https://www.triodos-im.com
What we offer
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- laptop + smartphone to enable flexible working
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days based on a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday days
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
The search for this position is granted to van Hay Recruitment Search & Interim Firm Finance, Risk, Legal & Compliance - Van Hay
For more information about this position or if you want to apply please send your application (including motivation letter) before May 16th, to the attention of Alastair Hayward, Consultant at van Hay Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org; Mobile: 06-1555 6174.Applications directly addressed to Triodos Investment Management will not be processed.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier if there are enough suitable candidates.
Driebergen-Rijsenburg | Triodos Investment Management
04 May 2021